Saturday, April 14, 2018

Tip #7 Study!



My seventh tip on how to survive college is to study! When I say study, I mean study a lot! College is not like high school, it is so much harder. I know I did not have to study at all in high school but in college I had to study at least a week before my exams. If your one of those people who can go to class and retain everything than yeah you probably do not need to study but for the rest of us who can not you need to study. If you do not study I am sorry to break the news but your going to fail. Oh and I will just break the news now life sometimes happens and you might not be able to study for an exam but you going to fail at least one exam in your college career but it is going to be okay. 

Do not procrastinate studying. They say you need to study like 4 hours for each class a day, well that is so unrealistic. Also, I could tell you that you need to study at least a week in advance for your exams, but it just depends on what type of learner you are. Some people can read the notes one time and be good others (like me) need an entire week to read over the notes. Also, an entire week to study is also sometimes unrealistic. Again, you have other things to worry about other than school because you do have a life however, just study as much as you can and not just the night before. 

When studying, study for a little bit and then take a break. It gets you no where when you study for 6 hours straight because your trying to comprehend to much information in too little time. Also, find what study skills work best for you. I found that flash cards helped me a lot however, my friends would make their own study guide. You also catch on to what information the professor is going to test you over and what information they are not going to test you over which helps to not spend so much time looking over the material you’re not going to be tested over. If you get tired while studying just take a nap. Its better to take a nap and get up and be focused than to be falling asleep while studying because you do not retain anything that way. 

Studying is going to get you through college. Yes, I know it is not what you want to do with your free time, but I promise all your hard work will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment